Maryhill Winery is located in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, in Washington State.
The closest towns are Goldendale, WA and The Dalles, OR.
We work with 30+ varietals from growers in 170 mile range, 80K cases per year.
This is an all-around cellar position and the successful candidate will be involved with every aspect of production, from berry to bottle.
- Operating pumps and crush/press equipment.
- Operating a forklift and stacking barrels.
- Filling/topping and racking barrels.
- Transferring/racking tanks.
This work requires constant use and exposure to hazardous materials (mainly acid and base) in a wet environment, in confined spaces and high places. Caution and adherence to safety protocol is essential. The work is mainly in-doors but will include work outside during harvest. This position may include occasional lab work. This position reports to the Production Manager and Winemaker.
- Previous experience in a winery environment is recommended but not required.
- Forklift experience is preferred, but not required.
- Able to understand, communicate and write in English.
- Must have good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to work safely around dangerous equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, possess a good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Willing and able to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Willing to work long hours and overtime as needed, especially during harvest.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs and stand/walk for long hours.
Work schedule is Monday-Thursday 8AM-6:30PM (outside of harvest season)
Hourly DOE + Benefits