As a Retail Sales Associate, you are responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience while driving sales. By using selling skills, you will be asked to quickly build relationships with customers and advise them on Total Wine & More’s product portfolio based on their shopping needs. While both part-time and full-time positions generally focus on sales and customer service support, you may also be assigned at times to front end cashier and merchandiser/stock associate duties as necessary.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting and establishing a rapport with customers while informing them of our products and services
- Learn Total Wine & More’s full product portfolio to provide customers with recommendations and connect them to the right product(s).
- Drive retail sales, margin, and Winery Direct metrics to specified goals
- Maintain store visual presentation according to company merchandising guidelines
- Replenish and maintain inventory, including home spots, end caps, and platforms in preparation for product delivery
- Perform cashier functions and adhere to minor policy while completing customer transactions
- Maintain store safety standards
- Ownership of store cleanliness and assist in maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- 21 years of age or older
- 1 year as a store associate or customer service representative (including greeting customers, building relationships, assisting in locating/selecting/selling product, and identifying/resolving customer issues)
- Prior experience in a team environment requiring professional and effective communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Ability to use technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Desire to continually develop retail sales skills and knowledge of product and services
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Wine and liquor sales specialist experience in a retail sales environment
- Handling multiple projects/tasks at a time and meeting deadlines
- History of willingly assisting others and acting as a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for establishing customer and team relationships
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and engaging attitude and demeanor
- WSE, Sommelier, or other industry certification preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
- Ability to walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 10-12 hours a day
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented part-time and full-time team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide retail jobs with opportunity for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
Drug Free Workplace